Activities and equipment for rent
Tommolansalmi has something for everyone, no matter their age.
We have plenty of free activities for children, for example, as well as various activities for those who enjoy outdoor activities and sports.
Read more about the different activities on each activity’s own page.
Equipment rental shop
You can rent activities such as canoes, sup boards, boats and bikes from our equipment rental shop.
Ask the staff for free activities!
Before making a reservation, read the Booking Terms for equipment rental on the Booking Terms page.
You can download the resort map for yourself here as a pdf file.
Ready-made ideas and maps of nearby places to visit and hike
For more information on places to visit in the Lake Korpijärvi and Mäntyharju area, visit the Lake Korpijärvi area tourist website:
Ideas for your free time
Hike in nature and play sports
Do you want to go hiking in nature during your vacation? Here are some suggestions for things to do in our resort and the surrounding area:
- Borrow or rent fishing equipment or ice fishing equipment and take a fishing trip to Lake Korpijärvi
- Rent a rowing boat, canoe or sup board and take a picnic trip to nearby Korpisaari island
- Rent a bicycle and choose one of the planned bicycle routes around Lake Korpijärvi
- Visit nearby hiking destinations, such as the most popular hiking trails in South Karelia
- Visit Repovesi National Park in Mäntyharju
- Borrow game equipment for the outdoor game
- Borrow ski equipment or take skates with you and ski or skate on the ice of Lake Korpijärvi
These and many other hiking destinations are presented on the Lake Korpijärvi tourism website: www.visitlakekorpijarvi.fi
Spend a day with family or friends
Do you want to do things with family or friends, but you don’t necessarily want to go hiking in nature? Here are some suggestions for things to do in our resort and the surrounding area:
- Borrow outdoor games or outdoor toys or take the children to the resort’s little forest playground
- Visit the forest playground for children in the center of Mäntyharju
- Visit the Art Center Salmela in Mäntyharju or the nearby cultural attractions
- Visit nearby historical sites, such as the museums in the center of Mäntyharju, the Kärnäkoski fortress or the historic rock paintings of Astuvansalmi
- Shop at Mäntyharju’s local food farms or in the center of Mäntyharju
These and many other places to visit are presented on the Lake Korpijärvi tourism website: www.visitlakekorpijarvi.fi
Activities at the resort
Families with children
For children, we have, for example, a trampoline, a playhouse and a sandbox, as well as various yard games and outdoor toys to borrow. There are also several places to visit suitable for families with children near us, and you can rent, for example, a boat, bicycles or sup boards for a family trip.
Fishing equipment for rent
Lake Korpijärvi is one of Finland’s best waters for salmon fishing, and many other fish species can also be caught in Lake Korpijärvi. We can borrow ordinary fishing rods for free and we also rent various fishing equipment (not always available). Fishing permits for Lake Korpijärvi can also be purchased from us.
Tommolansalmi is a popular place for hikers, because in our vicinity there are e.g. Repovesi National Park and many other popular hiking trails in Southern Savonia and South Karelia. In addition, we have compiled ready-made presentations and maps of more than 20 different destinations on the tourism website of our region, where you can find favorites for those looking for longer routes as well as easy places to visit suitable for the whole family.
Bicycles for rent
You can rent and borrow bicycles from us for the whole family, and in the Korpijärvi area you will find several cycling routes of different lengths, which can be cycled, for example, by mountain bikes and gravel bikes. We have planned routes in the vicinity of our resort that can also be cycled with the family’s young children.
SUP boards for rent
There are several SUP boards available for rent at our resort, which are also suitable for beginners. Our own shallow beach is a good place to learn to paddle for the first time, and experienced sup-boarders can also paddle for a picnic on the nearby Korpisaari island.
Rowing boats and canoe for rent
You can rent a rowing boat from us for a family rowing or fishing trip. Next to our resort is, for example, Korpisaari island, where you can have a picnic. We also have a canoe for rent, which, however, is not suitable for beginners.
Free games and activities
In our resort, you can borrow several different yard games and sports equipment, which you can play on our sand field, for example.
In winter you can borrow sledding equipment for children and skiing equipment for the whole family from us. If the ice and snow conditions allow, you can go ice fishing, skiing, ice skating on the lake and, for example, to a winter picnic trip to a nearby island.
Activities and services in the vicinity
– Services, attractions, restaurants and cafes, accommodation and events in the Lake Korpijärvi region
Events in the Lake Korpijärvi area: https://visitlakekorpijarvi.fi/events/
Mäntyharju Municipal Office / Tourist information
Asematie 3, FI-52701 Mäntyharju
Open: Mon-Fri 9:00-15:00 (9am-3pm) (lunch time 12:00-13:00 / 12pm-1pm)
Tel. +358 15 770 111
Lake Saimaa region / Lakeland Finland
– Services, attractions, restaurants and cafes, accommodation and events in the Lakeland Finland an in the Saimaa region
Brochure about Mikkeli region 2021
Visit Mikkeli: Other brochures and maps
– Services, attractions, restaurants and cafes, accommodation and events in the Mikkeli region
Events in the Mikkeli region: https://www.mikkelinyt.fi/?lang=en_GB
Kouvola / Kymenlaakso region
Brochure about Kouvola region 2021
Visit Kouvola: Other brochures and maps (especially brochures and maps of Repovesi National Park)
– Services, attractions, restaurants and cafes, accommodation and events in the Kouvola region
Events in the Kouvola / Kymenlaakso region: https://kymenlaaksonyt.fi/en/frontpage